CISS focuses on vulnerable households in the targeted communities with various interventions. CISS has implemented several projects since its inception including HIV management and positive living (2005-2010), Food Security Integrated project (2010-2015), Decha Integrated Project (2015-2020) and currently Food Security and Environmental Management FOSEMA project (2020-2023).
Food Security and Preventive Health
- Identify and incorporate 10 more women groups into the project
- Carry out relevant training
- Promote sorghum farming among targeted households
- Promote pumpkin farming among targeted households
- Establish commercial vegetable farming for champion farmers who will pass on
- Support farmers to expand or establish demonstration apiaries
- Establishment of dairy Goats breeding farms for champion dairy goat farmers who will pass on
- Support 8 primary schools to establish Health Clubs and vegetable Gardens.
- Carry out health/food festivals
Environmental and Climate Change Management
- Identify and incorporate 10 more primary schools in the project.
- Carry out relevant training to targeted households.
- Facilitate the establishment of woodlots to targeted households.
- Facilitate the installation of energy-saving cooking stoves to targeted households.
- Support 8 Primary schools with 400 seedlings each.
Youth support and Engagement
- Identify and incorporate 5 more youth groups into the project.
- Carry out relevant training to targeted groups.
- Facilitate targeted youth groups to initiate entrepreneurial activities and table banking.
- Capacity-build the targeted youths to participate in the devolved system legislative agenda.
- CISS will promote peace activities among the targeted groups.
- CISS will also establish Digital Villages in identified institutions.